Tuesday, June 28, 2011

“The Kiss” day 6

Okay friends! So this is day 6 in Vienna! Some people wet to the flea market but I was just so tired from the bike ride the day before so I slept in and caught up with the group later. So for breakfast we just went to a pastry shop again but this time I was a bit more careful of what I ordered! It was more like an apple turn over.


And don’t forget the Diet Coke! Or shall I say Coca-Cola light!




I was so supprized that my diet coke has ice in it!!!! That is the number one thing that I really really wanted and missed was ice cubes!! I just wanted ice cold water so bad! Here in Austria, they don’t believe in drinks being too cold! They believe that cold beverages are bad for you because they can give you brain freezes and anything like that would bad for you! So I was so shocked when they gave us ice! And it melted so fast!



If I remember right… we wet to the Belvedere museum later and maybe a few other museums! The Belvedere was where “The Kiss” is by Gustav Klimt!!! It is a very famous and all over Vienna! It was amazing!! It wasn’t as big or as shinny as some recreations are but it was still amazing!!!!! I loved it! So for lunch we decided to try to an Austrian restaurant and we yet again couldn’t read anything! So I ordered mozzarella mit tomaten und Kernol. It sounded really good but it wasn’t as good as it looks... at first I kinda ate it like a salad. But after I ate about half of it, she brought me bread (I think she forgot at first) and it was so much better with bread!!!!




After lunch we went and got some yummy Galato! I think it was just chocolate and chocolate chip! not my favorite flavors but they were still good!



oh and here is some yummy chocolate truffles! I think you can get these (or at least something like it) in America!


we went to the chocolate store and they had this cute carrot looking thing! the chocolate was okay.


For dinner, I just went down the street and got a giant slice of spinach and cheese pizza! I forgot to take a picture before I took my first bite.


I also had rice and some sort of weird sauce… it wasn’t very good. :)


on the walk home from, some girls confronted us  and they were all dressed in pink and it ended up being a bachlet party. So they were selling things and using the money for there honeymoon. So I bought this chocolate bar for like 1 euro. It was interesting white chocolate with mango. 


2 comments:

  1. Love your blog Darci!, Vienna and Salzburg are where I served my mission. if you have a chance, my favorite kind of eis (ice cream or galato as you call it) was jogurt (that is right yogurt flavored icecream,) and pistachio in one cone together is even better. enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...how many pounds have you gained? Lol

    ReplyDelete