Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Europe baby!!!

I made it! I made it to Europe! It was a a long trip and I slept through a lot of it but it was just fine.  I sat by a crazy lady that keep trying to talk to me in a different language and was totally taking my blanket off of my lap... anyways! I LOVE IT HERE!! we go in around 6 and couldn't find our way to the hostel until about 9... Then we went out for dinner at this italian restaurant and I had pizza. it was a tomato basil mozzarella pizza! I LOVE tomatoes and basil and mozzarella!!!! I was really thin so I ate the hole thing! It was bigger then the plate! but so dang good!

Jenni and I also had tiramisu! This is so much better then olive gardens!!!!!!
 So I decided to dedicate this blog mostly on all the different great foods I am going to eat while I am here.  There will be a few other stuff such as what we do each day, but mostly about amazing food!!! So after the italian restaurant... we were so tired but didnt go to bed until 3 am... and slept until 1pm. so then we went for lunch and ate at little cafe called 'yellow' it was mostly asian food... we started with some appetizer that was like a grape leaf with sautéed coconut... it was interesting...
 So this is what I had for the main course. it was called spinach masala chicken! I thought it was amazing! and it had that rice with it! I don't think I have had masala before so I was a little scared but it turned out great!
 After we ate... we went down the road and looked at some shopping and was just taking our time! we found a little pastry shop and I had my first Gelato! It was so good! it was everything I was hoping for! its just like ice cream but better! it is a lot creamier. AMAZING!! It is my goal to eat gelato every day so you will probably see a lot of that! This on was chocolate and like a raspberry sherbet thing.
 Later that night, after walking around and shopping... we went meet some different people and went to a bar to hang out. all of us decided we wanted to go dancing and one of the guys said he knew where goods dance places were so we walked around all night trying to find this place... and we got really hungry at like one a.m. so all we really could find it these little street shops and I got a Kabap but it is pronounced like 'kabob'! It was actually pretty good! it was just like a chicken wrap thing...  I am sure I will be eating this time and time again!
For breakfast Jenni and I just decided to eat bread and cheese! that cheese was really good! It was almost like a pepper jack cheese. the bread was good too! it was very light and fluffy!
 After breakfast we went in to the city and saw St. Stevens cathedral (I will probably post these later). We just went to a pizza place and shared a few pizzas... this one was a spinach with some sort of cheese. lots of times, I can read the menu, its all in german. so I just look for familiar names like chicken or spinach or tomatoes and usually order that.
 This pizza was on of the two that we split. This is called a margarita pizza... it was so good! I cant even explain... it was a basic cheese pizza but times 10! I really liked it.
 After lunch, we went through catacombes which was under the church and they put all of the bodies that were affected by the black plage in like a little hole... it was crazy! it made me feel really gross... like I was going to get the black glage... we were not allowed to take photos but it was crazy!! so then we just walked around the city and got use to the land.... and we found the best Gelato shop so this is me eating it being kinda stupid! haha!
 So after that we just went back the hostel and had a lazy night.  I did eat another one of those kabap's but it was kinda more of a sandwich format. it was just a good! I forgot to take a picture of it... :) I guess I was just to hungry! I also had some really good fresh fruit like cherries and a nectarine and also forgot to take a picture! man I have got to be better at this taking picture thing!! So thats what I have been doing and eating the last three days of my amazing trip! I will keep posting thins as I go so keep coming back and checking in!!

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling that this blog is going to make me hungry more than once this summer.
    Hope you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete